Monday, June 20, 2016

About Mom2MomEd in 15 Questions



About Mom2MomEd in 15 questions
Since we’ve now been at Mom2MomEd.com for a few weeks, we thought it might be fun to share a bit more about us. You can read our official bios HERE, but for some fun, read on below! We selected 15 questions from THIS Hello Giggles article and each answered them for you below.

1. Who are your top three lady heroes?
Malea: Eleanor Roosevelt, Margaret Sanger, and Susan B. Anthony. If they can include fictional characters, then I would also add Dr. Temperance Brenann from the TV show “Bones” and Lisbeth Salander from the Girl with a Dragon Tattoo book and movie series.

McKenzie: I’m going with the lesser known hero’s….My mom, my grandma and my daughter. Absolutely.

2. When you were little, what did you want to be? 
Malea: It varied from doctor to astronaut to architect and back to doctor.

McKenzie: A veterinarian!

3. What’s the best book you’ve read so far this year? Ever?
Malea: This year? I don’t know… Ever though, that would be hard to narrow down, but when pressed, I have to say To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

McKenzie: Dare I admit that I’ve probably only read one adult book this entire year. That may even be pushing it. Really though, I haven’t read in so long (it used to be my favorite hobby) that I can’t even remember. I will have to get back to you...

4. What makes you feel afraid?
Malea: Spiders! Also, when my son is with me, being up high without a solid barrier between us and the edge of wherever we are standing or walking. Climbing the ancient pyramids in Mexico several years ago and watching JP sprint up one was terrifying!

McKenzie: Being in tight spaces with no obvious way to get out. Coming face to face with a buffalo or bear (it’s happened!) and thinking about something happening to my kids and husband.

5. If you had the option of adopting a baby fox or baby koala, which one would you choose? 
Malea: Koala! A fox would be cute but they also are sneaky and can be troublesome, I think. Don’t koalas mostly just sit around eating eucalyptus or sleep all day? 

McKenzie: This is a tough one, they are both so cute! After looking up baby koala pictures (you should too) I’m going to go with that. I have a birthday coming up, I think I’ll ask for one.

6. What’s your dream job?
Malea: Getting paid to read, but to read what I want, not just whatever happens to come across my desk.

McKenzie: Getting paid to inspire and support people while still being able to be home with my kids!

7. If you had to choose between using Internet Explorer forever, or permanently using an AOL e-mail address, which one would it be?
Malea: Oh…..neither!!! If I had to choose, I suppose an AOL email address because I don’t think Explorer is usable for most things these days.

McKenzie: I can’t even answer this question. I had no idea that AOL had email addresses and I don’t know what is wrong with using Internet Explorer? (Obviously I am NOT the tech half of this operation)

8. If you could either be a duck or an owl, which would you be?
Malea: An owl.

McKenzie: Owl

9. What do you love about yourself most?
Malea: That I am patient, seek out knowledge, value honesty and truth, and have such a great bond with my son. Also, I really like my feet--if you knew my history with foot and ankle injuries, you’d totally understand.

McKenzie: That I am a good mom. I make a lot of mistakes and question myself on the daily, but I love my kids so darn much and I know that I do a good job in showing that. Being a mom brings out the best in me. I am nurturing, silly and extremely loyal. Honestly, I’m still working on “loving” myself.

10. What don’t you like about yourself so much?
Malea: I can be hypercritical (remind me to read this post if you see me being judgmental).  

McKenzie: That I am perpetually disorganized and how it affects my life. I’d be so much more productive and successful if I could come up with and stick to a plan that would remedy this. Also, I’m not too thrilled with how impatient I can be at times. I’m working on it.

11. If you had to be on a reality TV show, which one would you choose?
Malea: The Amazing Race

McKenzie: Naked and Afraid. Totally.

12. Who has influenced you the most?
Malea: My grandmothers. Each influenced me in different ways.

McKenzie: My husband, hands down.

13. Real jeans or jeggings?
Malea: Real jeans. Jeggings look really uncomfortable.

McKenzie: Real jeans...are there other kinds?

14. On the first day of ruling the world, what would you do?
Malea: Free, daily coffee service (or tea or hot chocolate) for all. Naps for all. I would also go old school and implement face-to-face peer conflict negotiation free of weapons or war for all--you sit and look the other person in the eye and listen. Really listen. If you can’t listen, you get lessons in how to listen. I would also make it mandatory that everyone reflect on what it means to be different from who they are or how they were raised--I truly believe that as Atticus Finch says in To Kill a Mockingbird, you have to "...climb into someone's skin and walk around in it" to understand them (but, not in a creepy Dean Koontz Intensity kind of way...that would be gross…).

McKenzie: To start, I would institute mandatory nap time for everyone and set up a personal coffee delivery service that would deliver on command. Once rested and caffeinated, I would be able to tackle the “real world” issues. These may or may not include things such as, why does “The Walking Dead” have the shortest season ever, instituting three day work weeks, and rescuing all of the animals.

15. Why are you so amazing?!
Malea: I have learned to overcome the shortcomings others see in me and to learn to believe in myself. I have learned to stand up for my own values and truth and strength, even it means trembling with fear and worry to do so. My only hope is that my son has figured out that he has it within himself to do the same.

McKenzie: I’m letting my husband answer this….I have a kind heart and a smile that lights up the dark. I put my family first and love with everything I have. I am scared of the unknown, but brave enough to believe in myself. I don’t know what it means to give up, but don’t mind giving in from time to time. I am honest, friendly, and open. I am sincere and thoughtful. I laugh at my own jokes and my eyes glitter when I do. I am a mother that gives everything I have every day. The world is my oyster and I can do whatever I want...when I get around to it. I am true to myself. I am  everything my husband has ever wanted, everything my family needs, and I just can’t get enough sleep… 

Edited by McKenzie to add: Please excuse me while I forgive my husband for anything he’s ever done to annoy me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment