Thursday, November 24, 2016

Children are GROSS--a story about boogers

Mom2MomEd Blog: Children are GROSS--a story about boogers
Children are gross...

...and that little fact happened to win me a contest a few years back!

When my son was about 6 or 7 years old (he's 18 now and likely will be mortified to know I am sharing this story), we were sitting on the couch watching television together. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed movement near his face.

I kept watching television...

Then, before I could stop him, I had the realization that the movement was his hand near his face and that his finger was heading towards his nose.

Quick as a flash, his finger was in his nose, digging around and then that very same finger was...

IN...

MY...

MOUTH!

I kid you not! I was so stunned that, at first, I sat there, shocked!

What in the world????

Of course, I was torn between disgust and wanting to laugh. It was one of those unbelievable moments where your brain can only think, "What just happened? Is this real?"

I could not believe it! But...

That disgusting incident actually led to me winning a radio contest!

Now, I almost never win anything, or at least never the grand or main prize. I've come in second and third in many contests in the past, but never first! So, when I was on my way home from work a week or two later and heard an on air call for "your grossest parenting stories" contest, I thought I'd give it a try without expecting to even get on air at all, let alone win.

I was maybe the third caller and was shocked to find myself on air and sharing my little story. The two DJs, both women and moms, were just as grossed out by my story as I was to have been involved in the actual event! They asked me stay on hold while they took a few more calls and I could hear them discussing the other callers and my story. They kept saying, "Oh, that's gross, but not as gross as your child's boogers in your mouth!"

I kept expecting someone to call with a really disgusting story about their kid...more disgusting than mine.

And, the next thing I knew, I was being congratulated for winning and having the most disgusting child...er, story about my child...

It was just before Thanksgiving, and the grand prize was a voucher for a free turkey and a bag of Thanksgiving side dish ingredients. I ended up donating most of it to the local food bank, and I've had a good laugh every Thanksgiving since remembering (and sharing) that story.

What disgusting things have your children done that both shocked you and made you want to laugh at the same time? Share with a comment!
Love this post? Check out these additional topics:
http://mom2momed.blogspot.com/2016/11/20-ways-to-treat-your-fellow-moms.html
http://mom2momed.blogspot.com/2016/11/15-ways-to-have-low-or-no-tech-family.html

http://mom2momed.blogspot.com/2016/11/let-them-get-muddy-power-of-kids-and.html

No comments:

Post a Comment