Monday, August 22, 2016

All about Mom2MomEd: McKenzie Edition

Mom2MomEd Blog: All About Us--McKenzie Edition


What is your favorite food?
I love Mexican, Chinese, and Japanese food. I can eat a whole watermelon by myself, and I love crunchy grapes and Asian pears. Hmmm, I really like food.
                                                                                                                                 
What foods do you really hate?
Anything super greasy or covered in too much sauce.
Dogs or cats?
Both for different reasons.
What's your favorite color?
Yellow.
Who is the one person you can talk to about almost anything?
Malivia, B. Rose, HB and LS. My friends and I speak in code.
If you are in a bad mood, do you prefer to be left alone or to have someone cheer you up?
Mostly leave me alone, but on rare occasions I can handle some cheering.
What is your philosophy in life?
Do your best no matter what. 
Don’t give up just because things are hard. 
Confidence and happiness are contagious, so spread them whenever you can. 
Don’t judge a book by it’s cover.
Nothing is usually really as it seems. 
(*I’m currently working on these things myself!)
Are you religious or spiritual?
Definitely more spiritual. I’m in a place in my life where I am exploring religion more and trying to learn from the people close to me. For now, I have my own way of feeling connected and it works for me.
Do you consider yourself an introvert or an extrovert?
Both! I think that I have definitely changed as I’ve gotten older and become more of an introvert. I always have needed alone time and preferred to live alone and do certain things by myself. It’s been a challenge for me since having kids because I don’t have that time and have not been very good at making it for myself. I think I am much more extroverted when I have plenty of time to be introverted. If that makes sense...?
What was the best phase in your life?
I’d have to agree with Malea….right now!
What was the worst phase in your life?
Right after high school I had some serious “growing” pains. I not only made some bad decisions, but I also hurt some people who were really close to me. I look back on that time and think “What the heck?” But I know that it’s really played an important role in making me who I am today. So even though I want to forget about it, I can’t say I regret it.

Is what you’re doing now what you always wanted to do growing up?
NO! Well, maybe... Honestly, I always wanted to be successful, the top of my agency, and have a ton of pride in my work. As the CEO of my household I guess I kind of am doing what I always wanted to do.
What makes you feel accomplished?
Honestly, having a clean house. When things are messy and chaotic, my life feels out of control and I can’t do anything else. I like making lists and checking things off. When I have too many things to do and they feel overwhelming, I will break a larger task into smaller tasks. For example, if I need to clean the kitchen and it’s a disaster, I will break it into smaller tasks. Empty the dishwasher, load the dishwasher, wipe the counters, clean out the fridge, etc. Before I know it, the entire larger task is done, but it didn’t seem so overwhelming by breaking it down into smaller chunks.
What’s an ideal weekend for you?
At this time in my life, my ideal weekend would be a full day of dirt biking with my family, relaxing in my clean house, and spending time BBQing in our backyard!
What are you most thankful for?
My husband. Cliché as it sounds, he is my rock. He has taught me more about life than I even knew was possible. He’s also really annoying! (I added that in so you would know that I’m uncomfortable with being sappy--another little tidbit about me!)
What is the one thing that people always misunderstand about you?
I think that I appear like I have things figured out. I don’t. I am constantly struggling and I live by the motto “fake it until you make it.” I am a dreamer and not so good at the “doing” part. I’m super outgoing and painfully shy at the same time--it depends on my mood.
What is your idea of a perfect vacation?
At this season in my life…..somewhere quiet, peaceful, without the pressures of day to day life. I’d love to go to a little secluded cabin way up in the woods with just my husband and hunker down for a week. I’d love to prepare gourmet meals, hike, read, nap, and just get lost in my own thoughts.  Hmmmm…
What’s on your bucket list this year?
Get more organized, learn to meditate, and take time for myself. Complete some house projects that I’ve been wanting to do. Focus on some long term career goals (which center around Mom2MomEd).
What do you think about when you’re by yourself?
Everything. I drive myself crazy constantly. My mind is never at peace and I’m always thinking about what needs to be done, who needs what, and worrying that I am forgetting about something. (Which is why learning to meditate is on my bucket list!)
What is your favorite post on the Mom2MomEd blog?
THIS post my husband wrote. It sums up our life this past year and I love reading how he perceives the same situation. Check it out to find out more!

No comments:

Post a Comment